My Five Wishes from SMSF Santa
I love this time of year. Everyone’s happy, forgiving and well, shopping and looking forward to Christmas Day, holidays and being with the family. Most of all I love the spirit of our younger brigade who come up with a whole list of wishes for Santa. To see the lists posted to Santa at the Australia Post office makes me wonder at the ingenuity and enthusiasm of true wish creation.
So I thought I would give it a real try, not goal setting but real wishing to my own SMSF Santa. So here goes. My top five wishes to SMSF Santa.
- I wish that my book “The Guru’s Guide to SMSFs” reaches 50,000 advisers, trustees and more importantly retail and industry fund super members. So far we have hit the 1,000 printed books and with the digital and audio version released next year here’s wishing.
- I really wish that we have a year of no changes or adverse ATO rulings to superannuation and particularly SMSFs. Sure super members in retirement have a great tax wicket compared to non-SMSF retirees I really wish that we could leave them alone for a few years please.
- I wish and hope that if the asset markets go down in 2018 please let all SMSFs have in place an investment strategy to protect their members, particularly for those close to or in retirement.
- I wish and only want to work with advisers, accountants, financial planners and other professionals who also Love and are committed to SMSFs and help spread the word, one super member at a time.
- I also wish everyone a safe holiday and a great time with their family. As they say we may not all get along and some have annoying habits but they are our teachers.
I could probably name another ten, this wishing thing has something to it. So let me sneak another one in.
I wish for myself, my family, friends and I Love SMSF colleagues and readers a golden and prosperous 2018. I look forward to seeing you in one shape or form or another.
P.S A shout out to Martin Harkness who give 50 books to his clients for Christmas, Charles Sondergaard and Gina Davidson who distributed 150 books and also Michael Goot for his ten SMSF Guru books for client Christmas presents. As I say, a well educated client is one that realises the importance of a great SMSF adviser.