- This event has passed.
SYDNEY: ATO Blitz on SMSF Investment Strategies
11 March @ 7:00 am - 9:00 amFree
The ATO upped the ante in February 2020 by alerting all SMSF trustees, auditors and advisers that they must meet a new high bar when it comes to investment strategies for 2019, 2020 and also earlier years. Information like member’s names, ages, risk profile, benefit type, asset allocation bands, derivative risk statements for LRBAs and also details on risk diversification where a single asset class (cash, equities or property) are more than 80% of the Fund’s asset allocation.
And it is not just investment strategies that he is getting antsy about – having two SMSFs is now out, ABN and TFNs for new funds are 28+ days. It’s getting tougher with big data matching.
In this free session (BREAKFAST OR LUNCH TICKETS AVAILABLE), sponsored by Australian Solar Investments, Grant will look at, discuss, strategise and provide insights on:
- what the ATO now expects from an investment strategy and how to fix up and back date prior investment strategies that do not meet the guidelines
- How to cover single asset concentration risk where a SMSF holds more than 75% of its assets in a single asset class including shares/cash/property
- Why the Commissioner is about to come down on cryptocurrencies and what to do to reduce exposure
- When a $4,200 fine will be levied and what an advisers exposure is, including the potential for investment loss recovery under a poor investment strategy
- How an accountant or administrator can complete a SMSF investment strategy without being licensed
- How single member investment strategies work where different generations are in the Fund.
We will also hear from Warren Murphy, Chairman of Australian Solar Investments about their renewable solar power station offering and how its ordinary shareholding meets all the investment strategy criteria for an accumulation member seeking a high yield and more importantly the company’s redeemable preference share debt instrument paying 10% fits a pension income stream investment strategy and can easily be passed onto spouses, children or the estate.
Plus Grant will hit you with three vital SMSF estate planning strategies to finish this fast paced session.
Each breakfast session will run from 7am until 9am – there will be a hot breakfast, notes and one FASEA CPD hour in each location. Melbourne and Sydney now have a lunch session available from 12pm til 2pm.
- 10 March – Melbourne (Breakfast and Lunch)
- 11 March – Sydney (Breakfast and Lunch)
- 17 March – Brisbane
- 26 March – Adelaide
- 27 March – Perth
More info: firstname.lastname@example.org